Arts and Crafts Coordinator
Open to women 21 years and older — with a clear driving record to be able to drive camp vehicles. This position is residential and involves a majority of your time organizing and preparing arts and crafts projects.
General Responsibilities Include:
Ordering for, organizing, and managing the arts and crafts building and projects; being a responsible, dedicated role model to the campers; working with and managing counseling staff as they lead arts and crafts activities; providing organized, punctual and intentional leadership, creativity, direction and supervision during activities, trips in and around the camp; utilizing the Sanborn mission statement as a framework for your work as a Youth Development Professional; taking ownership for your personal attitude, behavior and knowledge building; working with other staff members to provide a quality experience for all members of the camp community; and adjusting one's personal habits to the philosophy, policies and ideals of the camp including a comprehensive understanding of and respect for our time-off/alcohol policies and procedures.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Order supplies needed for all arts and crafts projects.
- Staying within a predetermined budget when purchasing supplies.
- Organizing the arts and crafts building; preparing for arts and crafts activities; creating new program ideas and trips.
- Creating activities that result in tangible projects for campers.
- Maintaining a clean and organized environment for arts and crafts projects and creating an inviting space for campers and staff.
- Preparing the arts and crafts area for any art-themed overnight (ordering extra supplies, creating new ideas, assisting in organizing and packing supplies, etc.).
- Training counselors before and assisting them during their arts and crafts projects (ensure supplies are stocked, counselors are prepared, act as extra supervision if needed, etc.).
- Making necessary shopping trips to purchase special arts and crafts supplies (MUST HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD).
- Leading and/or assisting during on or off-camp trips, activities, programs and special events. This includes leading all art-themed overnights on camp, an art-themed off-camp long-trip, and an art-themed Saturday Special.
- Encouraging creativity amongst staff and campers.
- Being knowledgeable and skillful in a variety of arts and crafts activities.
- Being responsible for table supervision at meals.
- Not living with children on a daily basis, but responsible for providing cabin coverage for other counselors and staff as needed – occasionally requiring you to spend the night in a cabin.
- Participating in evening activities (walking ridges, organizing program)
- Being flexible in response to current and emergency situations and to shifts in responsibilities and assignments when camp is underway.
$2500.00, lodging, meals, laundry, and the opportunity to influence the lives of children in the out-of-doors.
If this position matches your interests and qualifications, please follow this link to our online staff application. Thank you for your interest in employment at Sanborn Western Camps.