Parents-> Getting Ready For Camp-> Travel Considerations
It is important that we know the means of transportation and arrival time for your child. We will meet all plane arrivals at the gate in Colorado Springs or Denver and will supervise plane changes in Denver on opening and closing day of our month-long sessions. Please review the travel information for the appropriate arrival and departure times. Label all itineraries with the camper’s name. We will collect travel documents for safekeeping upon your child’s arrival at camp. During the trip, however, travel documents are each child’s responsibility. Please discuss this with your camper, as we may need baggage claim checks or other information from the documents.
How Is Your Child Coming To Camp?
TRAVEL INFORMATION HOW-TO:
Visit our online community to submit your child’s travel information. Please
follow our step-by-step guide below.
Step-by-Step Guide to Submitting your Child’s Travel Information
1. Go to the Sanborn Homepage www.sanbornwesterncamps.com
2. Click on the link “Login to Online Community/Enroll Today”.
3. For returning camp families, please login using your email address
and password that are currently on file (If you have forgotten your
password, click the “retrieve/set password” link).
4. For new camp families, click the “retrieve/set password” link. By
entering your email address, you are allowed to enroll in our online
community and set your password for future use.
5. Once you have logged in to our online community, click on the
“Forms & Documents” link.
6. Click the online Transportation Form.
7. Choose the mode of travel to indicate how your child will be traveling
TO and FROM Sanborn.
8. Enter in all travel information (TO and FROM Sanborn) for your child
and click the “SAVE” button.
9. Please assign your child’s Baggage (FEDX, UPS, Airline Checked,
Coming in Car.) TO and FROM Sanborn.
10. Click Submit.
11. A popup window will appear confirming the receipt of your child’s
12. If your child’s travel information changes, you can edit the
information by revisiting the Transportation Form found in Step 6.
13. If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call at 719-
Each camper’s itinerary will be collected by staff members upon arrival at
camp. Please talk with your child about turning in his/her itinerary upon
arrival at camp because we may need baggage claim checks or return flight
Please use tags provided by the camp for all baggage checked or carried on the plane. Our experience is that baggage without camp tags is more likely to be delayed. Please check with your airline for current baggage policies and fees. You may consider shipping your campers luggage to camp instead.
How To Reach Camp By Car
View Larger Map
If you are coming to camp by family car, arrival time on opening day is between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm; most campers arrive during the morning. Pick-up time on closing day is any time before 11:00 am.
Take U. S. Highway 24 west from Colorado Springs through Florissant (34 miles). Turn left at the top of the first hill (less than one mile west of Florissant and marked with our sign). Follow County Road 46 about three miles to the camp road. Bear left at our signs and proceed on our road for two more miles to the main entrance marked by flags and a covered wagon. Follow the signs to the right for Big Spring Ranch and to the left for High Trails Ranch.