Sanborn Western Camps have several types of positions available for qualified men and women, typically college freshman or older. A strong desire to work closely with children is necessary for all of them. All positions are for the full summer season. Please read complete position descriptions below.
Responsibilities for All Positions Include:
- Being a responsible, dedicated role model to the campers and other staff;
- Providing organized, punctual and intentional leadership, creativity, direction and supervision during activities, trips and around the camp;
- Utilizing the Sanborn mission statement as a framework for your work as a Youth Development Professional;
- Being capable of sustaining effective and appropriate interaction in our fast-paced, youth centered, community living program.
- Taking ownership for your personal attitude, behavior and knowledge building;
- Working with other staff members to provide a quality experience for all members of the camp community;
- Adjusting one’s personal habits to the philosophy, policies and ideals of the camp including a comprehensive understanding of and respect for our time-off/alcohol policies and procedures.