Cook/ Prep-CookApply Now!
Our cooks are crucial to helping create the overall experience for our campers and staff. Sanborn is a fun, fast paced, energetic place to work. The camp cooks are responsible for food prep, providing meals that meet a wide variety of dietary needs, cleaning and sanitation practices, assisting with inventory, kitchen organization, and working with camp counseling staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prep, cook, and serve healthy, delicious and attractive meals for campers and staff
- Ensure that allergy and dietary restrictions are met for each meal. This often requires several dishes for each meal to accommodate needs.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization throughout the kitchen.
- Comply with proper sanitation and safety procedures.
- While not the primary function of the cooks, participate in dishwashing when needed
- Put away food order
- Notify head cook when ingredients and supplies need to be ordered
Other Job Duties:
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between coworkers and the extended camp community
- Assist with preparation and/or packing of snacks and cookouts when scheduled.
Qualifications: (Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience)
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Excellent working knowledge of kitchen appliances, their operations and cooking methods
- Previous cooking experience helpful, willingness to learn essential. We will train.
- Knowledge of ServSafe requirements and certification if possible
- Knowledge of and adherence to Teller County Public Health food service guidelines
Benefits: Competitive salary starting at $11.50-$15.00/hour plus depending on housing. Limited optional housing provided, stipends for pertinent cetifications, meals while working, paid sick leave.