Open to men (current high school seniors or one year out of high school) or women (one year out of high school) who have demonstrated work experience and a desire to work in a camp community. This position is residential and is all about working, teaching and living with children and creating a respectful community.
Assistant Counselor Specific Responsibilities:
- Working within a team of unit counselors to provide leadership and care for campers.
- Assisting trip leaders and senior staff members on off-camp trips, activities, programs and special events.
- Assisting and/or leading on-camp trips, activities, programs and special events.
- Being responsible for table supervision at meals.
- Providing tent coverage for counselors as needed — requiring you to spend the night in another tent.
- Being flexible in response to current and emergency situations and to shifts in responsibilities when camp is underway.
- Preparing the kitchen/lodge for meals and cleaning up afterwards on a rotational basis.
- Deep cleaning the lodge every Saturday morning.
- Working with fellow Assistant Counselors in the dishroom and lodge during Friday night, Saturday and Sunday meals and assisting in program as assigned those same days (as determined by time off schedule).
Benefits: Competitive salary starting at $3700-3900/season plus stipends for pertinent certifications, lodging, meals, paid sick leave, laundry, and the opportunity to influence the lives of children in the out-of-doors