Open to RNs and NPs able to practice in the State of Colorado (state or Compact State license).
Our well-equipped health care facilities include a treatment room, bathrooms, isolation room, sick room, and nurse’s private quarters.
We have a local medical director and good relations with doctors in both Woodland Park and Colorado Springs as well as with the local hospital in Woodland Park and with the local EMS services.
RN Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Be part of the Sanborn Medical Team
- Provide first aid care and MESH support for campers and staff
- Oversee the administration of medications to campers and staff
- Coordinate visits to a physician/ER or assessment by our PA when needed
- Monitor health and cleanliness standards in the health center
- Organize paper work and maintain online digital documentation plus filing
- Communicate and work closely with the summer camp directors and various staff as part of the Sanborn Medical Team
- Oversee the health and wellness of campers and staff
- Maintain clear, helpful and professional communications with parents and directors
- Assist staff with activities, work projects and other tasks as necessary.
- $7000-$9500 starting salary per season
- 1/2 summer positions available; work-for-tuition trades are based on camp/session availability
- Lodging in Health Care Center
- Meals in the Lodge
- Paid sick leave
- The opportunity to practice primary nursing care and influence the lives of children in a beautiful outdoor camp environment