Open to men and women 2 years out of high school — traditionally college sophomores and older. This position is residential and is all about working, teaching and living with children and creating a respectful community.
Counselor Specific Responsibilities:
- Living, working with and having charge of a group of campers
- Assisting and/or leading on or off-camp trips, activities, programs and special events.
- Being responsible for table supervision at meals.
- Providing tent or cabin coverage for other counselors and staff as needed — occasionally requiring you to spend the night in another tent.
- Writing weekly letters to parents on campers’ wellbeing and maintaining up-to-date documentation on camper growth.
- Being flexible, in response to current and emergency situations and to shifts in responsibilities when camp is underway.
- Actively participating in Counselor-in-Dishroom (CID) assignments (preparing the kitchen/lodge for meals and cleaning up afterwards on a rotational basis).
Benefits: Competitive salary ranging between $3700-3900/season plus stipends for pertinent certifications, lodging, meals, paid sick leave, laundry, and the opportunity to influence the lives of children in the out-of-doors